What Is the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity?
Need best-in-class towing power to take on tough jobs in Charleston? The Chevy Silverado 1500 can haul up to 13,400 pounds of tools, supplies, and anything else you need to get the job done. Keep reading to find out how this light-duty pickup’s impressive capability can optimize towing and hauling tasks. Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston stocks a wide variety of pre-owned and new Silverado 1500 models. Get in touch for more capability specs, or read more about the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity, below!
2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
With five engine choices, you can build your Silverado 1500 to fit your jobs. Even at the base trim, the 1500 can tow 7,000 pounds – enough for most motorized boats and midsize trailers. Paired with the RST trim, the 6.2L V8 engine gets you the the max Silverado 1500 towing capacity of 13,400 pounds. Take a look at the performance specs for each engine option:
- 4.3L V6 — The standard 4.3L V6 engine generates 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque for a maximum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo — An upgrade to the 2.7L turbocharged engine captures an additional 310 hp and a best-in-class 348 lb-ft of torque, and towing capacity goes up to 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 — Step up to the 5.3L V8 for 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. The V8 option leaps to an 11,600-pound towing capacity.
- 6.2L V8 — When outfitted with the 6.2L V8 and the RST trim, your Silverado 1500 achieves the maximum 13,400-pound towing capacity. That’s in addition to 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel — Interested in the power, fuel efficiency, and easy maintenance of diesel? The Turbo-Diesel Silverado 1500 engine cranks out 9,400 pounds of towing capacity, 260 hp, and 460 lb-ft of torque.
2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The Silverado 1500 is equipped with a number of advanced technology and convenience features to keep heavy loads steady on the road to James Island, even when the going gets rough:
- Trailering Package — The Trailering Package equips your Silverado 1500 with a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, an automatic locking rear differential, a 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Max Trailering Package — This optional package builds on the Trailering Package, adding the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, and more.
- Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado — Extend your view of the road around your trailer with available towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado.
Test Drive a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 in Charleston!
Interested in towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado and other available safety upgrades? Contact our team to learn more. We’re also happy to help you customize your truck with genuine Chevrolet parts — simply contact our parts center to explore special offers for North Charleston drivers. Visit Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston near Mount Pleasant to test drive the Silverado 1500!
More from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston
Have you read the 2021 Chevy Equinox reviews and determined that this is the perfect small SUV for your North Charleston and Mount Pleasant travels? Deciding to purchase or lease a new Equinox is easy, but one decision that may prove difficult is your Equinox color choice! The 2021 Chevy Equinox colors include a stunning range of…
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers up some of the best towing numbers in its class—a major draw for North Charleston-area contractors and weekend warriors. When properly equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 13,300 pounds. This allows you to enjoy fewer limitations on the job site, but what does it…
North Charleston drivers in the market for a midsize SUV with versatile capabilities will definitely want to learn more about the new 2021 Chevy Traverse. A cavernous interior pairs with the Chevy Traverse towing capacity of 1,500 – 5,000 pounds to create the perfect SUV for family adventures. Find out more about Chevrolet Traverse towing with…