What Is the 2020 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity?
Has the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse caught your attention while shopping for a new three-row SUV near North Charleston? At Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston, we’ve found that many drivers are surprised to learn about the impressive Chevy Traverse towing capacity. When properly equipped, the Traverse can haul up to 5,000 pounds with ease! Whether you’re picking up a trailer full of home improvement supplies or you’re taking the family boat out for a weekend on the water, you can count on the new Chevrolet Traverse towing capabilities to get you there.
Chevrolet Traverse Towing by Trim Level
When configuring your new Chevy Traverse, you’ll have seven trim levels to choose from. Across the board, a 3.6L V6 engine is standard. Front-wheel drive is the standard drivetrain, while all-wheel drive is available. While the maximum Chevrolet Traverse towing capacity is 5,000 pounds, some trim levels offer a lower 1,500-pound capacity. To help you choose the right configuration for your towing needs, we’ve broken down the specs by trim level, below:
- 1,500-Pound Towing Capacity: If you anticipate that you’ll be good to go with the lower 1,500-pound towing capacity, you could opt for the L, LS, LT Cloth, LT Leather, or RS trims with front- or all-wheel drive, or the Premier trim with front-wheel drive only.
- 5,000-Pound Towing Capacity: If 5,000 pounds sounds more true to the towing jobs you’ll be doing in Mount Pleasant, your trim choices include the Premier with all-wheel drive or the High Country with front- or all-wheel drive.
What Is the Traverse Cargo Volume?
If ever you run out of space for gear in the trailer, the Traverse cargo capacity provides plenty of extra storage room!
- Cargo Volume With 2nd and 3rd Row Upright: 23.0 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume With 2nd Row Upright: 57.8 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume With 2nd and 3rd Row Folded: 98.2 cubic feet
Clever Storage Features
Not only does the Traverse offer ample cargo room, but you’ll also find some smart storage features to help organize the cargo area and make loading up the trunk easier:
- Traverse Hidden Storage Solution: The Traverse offers a concealed under-floor storage compartment to provide extra space when you need it. The hidden storage can also act as a safe place to stow away your valuables when you’re going to be away from your vehicle for a while in James Island.
- Hands-Free Liftgate: Have your hands full with sports gear or your materials for this morning’s work presentation? Opening the hands-free liftgate requires no more than a kicking motion.
Get Behind the Wheel With Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston!
When you’re ready to take the next steps to get behind the wheel of a new Chevy Traverse, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston is here for you. After applying for financing online to get pre-approved, you can head over to our payment calculator to estimate your monthly Traverse payments. Remember to browse our new vehicle specials to secure a great deal on your Traverse, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions! Curious to see how the Traverse fares against top SUV competition? Check out our Traverse vs. Honda Pilot comparison to start exploring today!
More from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston
North Charleston drivers in the market for a midsize SUV with versatile capabilities will definitely want to learn more about the new 2021 Chevy Traverse. A cavernous interior pairs with the Chevy Traverse towing capacity of 1,500 – 5,000 pounds to create the perfect SUV for family adventures. Find out more about Chevrolet Traverse towing with…
Want a family-friendly SUV that is fuel-efficient and has the automotive industry experts talking? The 2021 Chevy Equinox is a top pick of compact SUVs that your North Charleston family should consider. See what the experts are saying in their Chevy Equinox reviews about the performance, entertainment, and safety features. Then, contact us at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston to…
Looking into the 2021 Chevy Tahoe as your North Charleston family’s next three-row SUV? The spacious, well-equipped Chevy Tahoe interior makes the new Tahoe an easy choice when you’re ready for an upgrade, but before you secure the keys, you’ll need to settle on one of six available trim levels! Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston is here to help make…