2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers up some of the best towing numbers in its class—a major draw for North Charleston-area contractors and weekend warriors. When properly equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 13,300 pounds. This allows you to enjoy fewer limitations on the job site, but what does it take to reach the Silverado towing limit? Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston has put together a complete towing guide to help Mount Pleasant truck shoppers discern how much they can tow with each of the Silverado engines. Keep reading to learn more from us!
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity By Engine
There are several strong engines available for the 2021 Silverado 1500. Depending on your choice, you can tow between 7,900 to 13,300 pounds:
- 4.3L V6: Tow up to 7,900 pounds with this base engine, while enjoying the excitement of 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.7L Turbo: With this upgrade, you can tow up to 9,600 pounds. You’ll also see an increase in horsepower and torque: 310 and 348 lb-ft, respectively.
- 5.3L V8 w/ Direct Fuel Management: You can tow up to 11,500 pounds with this powertrain while enjoying output levels of 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.3L V8 w/ Active Fuel Management: The same engine can be had with Active Fuel Management instead of Direct Fuel Management. This swap will not affect your horsepower or torque, but towing will be a little more limited at 10,000 pounds maximum.
- 6.2L V8: This engine, along with the RST trim level, is needed to reach the maximum Chevy Silverado towing capacity of 13,300 pounds. It achieves 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: If you prefer diesel power, your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity will be 9,500 pounds. The diesel engine generates 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Towing Mirrors for the Chevy Silverado and Other Helpful Accessories
No matter how experienced you are with towing in James Island, it never hurts to have an extra set of eyes on your surroundings. Our parts department can show you some options for towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado, which are very useful when you need to merge or switch lanes. Other useful towing features and accessories include:
- Trailering Package: The Trailering Package is standard on every Silverado 1500 for sale. It provides the equipment you need to start towing right away, including a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Available Max Trailering Package: An upgrade to the Max Trailering Package includes all of the above equipment, plus the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, and upgraded rear springs.
Head Home in a New Silverado 1500 Today
Want to learn more about the new Silverado? Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston has information on the Silverado 1500 payload, cabin features, gas mileage, and more. Contact us or stop by our dealership in Charleston to speak with our Chevrolet experts! We’re excited to pair you with the truck that fits your lifestyle and budget.
More from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston
Need a tough new pickup truck that won’t break your budget in North Charleston? For budget-oriented pricing that doesn’t require any sacrifice in power or performance, there’s no better truck lineup than the Chevy Silverado selection at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Charleston. The new Chevy Silverado 1500 starts at a mere $29,300 MSRP, but there are also Silverado HD…
Have you read the 2021 Chevy Equinox reviews and determined that this is the perfect small SUV for your North Charleston and Mount Pleasant travels? Deciding to purchase or lease a new Equinox is easy, but one decision that may prove difficult is your Equinox color choice! The 2021 Chevy Equinox colors include a stunning range of…
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers up some of the best towing numbers in its class—a major draw for North Charleston-area contractors and weekend warriors. When properly equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 13,300 pounds. This allows you to enjoy fewer limitations on the job site, but what does it…