How to Sell a Car at a Dealership in Charleston
Looking to sell your vehicle? You don’t have to endure the stress and hassle that accompanies selling a vehicle privately in North Charleston. When you sell your car to a dealership instead, you can avoid the steps of photographing your vehicle, listing it, advertising it, and allowing strangers to visit your home for test drives. If you’re not quite sure how to sell a car at a dealership, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet has you covered! Review our guide below to learn how to prep your car and what to expect when you visit our dealership in Charleston to make the sale.
How to Sell a Car at a Dealership: Beginning Steps
So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? Before you head out from Mount Pleasant in the car you’d like to sell, there are some preliminary steps you can take to ensure a successful sale:
- Spruce Up the Car: Would you be attracted to a dirty car when shopping for a used vehicle in Charleston? Most likely not, so your first step should be to thoroughly clean your car before bringing it in for appraisal. Having it washed and detailed a day or two before you plan to sell it will go a long way to secure the best possible offer.
- Create a List of Benefits: An in-depth maintenance record is always a plus when selling a vehicle, but you should also make a list of any desirable features or accessories it has that could increase its value. For example, heated seats or a panoramic roof are highly sought after features that could drive up the value of your car.
- Don’t Forget the Car Title: Dig up your car title before heading to the dealership to avoid delays in the process later on.
- Utilize Online Trade-In Tools: Kelley Blue Book and Cars.com are trusted resources for estimating the value of a trade-in vehicle. Additionally, we have a trade-in calculator on our website that’s quick and easy to use! Keep in mind, the estimate you receive online isn’t always 100% accurate depending on the condition of your car. However, this preliminary research will provide an idea of what type of offer you should expect.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
When the time comes to drive your vehicle to the dealership, what should you expect? Here are the steps to take:
- Ask for an Appointment: It’s recommended that you schedule an appointment ahead of time so the dealership knows you’re coming with a vehicle to sell. That way, we can be fully prepared for you! Of course, you’re welcome to stop by whenever it’s convenient and we will provide first-class service every step of the way.
- Connect with an Associate: We make the car selling process easier by pairing you with a dedicated associate who will see you through every step of the process. We’ll gather your vehicle information and run a vehicle history report on your car to get started.
- Inspection: Sometimes, we might also take your vehicle to our onsite service center for a further inspection. This helps us gain a better understanding of your vehicle’s condition so we can make an accurate assessment.
- Weigh the Offer: After assessing your vehicle, we will provide an official offer. After taking your time to consider it, if you wish to accept, you can take the offer in cash or apply the credit as a trade-in value toward your next purchase.
Why Sell to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet?
Selling at a dealership versus making a private sale in James Island offers up numerous benefits. Just a few perks you’ll enjoy at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet include:
- Same-Day Offer: When you sell a car privately, it can take days or even weeks to receive a good offer. Then, you’re left to wonder whether the buyer can actually afford the vehicle until you have the money in-hand. When you sell your car at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, you can receive an offer and walk away with the cash all in one trip!
- Hendrick Nationwide Inventory: Our dealership has the unique advantage of the Hendrick nationwide used inventory to consider! With the ability to look at how your car would fit into not just our own inventory, but also a pre-owned network of 5,000+ vehicles nationwide, we’re able to provide you with a higher offer.
- Transparency: You’ll be involved in every step of the process at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet. There are no surprises or hidden fees—we’re in the business of making you happy, and we believe customers should be empowered to make the decisions that they know are best for them.
Experience the Hendrick Difference at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet
Whether you’re looking to sell or trade, the process is easy at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet! Visit us in Charleston when you’re ready to take the next steps, or give us a call at (843) 405-2995 if you have additional questions. Planning to trade in? You can review our new inventory online, as well as our new vehicle specials that can help you save even more!